Search This Blog

Friday 25 April 2014

The Amazing Spiderman 2

When I reviewed The Amazing Spiderman in 2012 I found myself asking why we needed this reboot so son after the last series of spiderman movies, having now seen the second part, I still have the same question.

There is no doubt that visually, with advances in technology in the last decade, this is a much better looking series of films than the Toby Maguire version, but in terms of screenplay, storyline and acting, I still prefer the Sam Rami 2004 Spiderman 2.

The film felt overly long, it spent far to much time dealing with the on/off relationship between Peter & Gwen to the point of becoming nauseous, and the whole storyline of Peter find out the truth about his father. The film makers seem to have forgotten that this is supposed to be a superhero movie. Then in order to rectify this, they throw in 2 different elements with Electro and Green Goblin, the whole thing could easily lose half an hour an be improved.

Visually this is very good, the CGI is excellent, but once again I come back to my central question, Why do we need the Amazing Spiderman, when less than a decade ago Toby Maguire did a decent, perhaps better, job. 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment