Search This Blog

Monday 16 July 2012

Killer Joe

Having only briefly seen a trailer for Killer Joe, I only had a vague idea of what it was about and didn't really know what to expect. I guess I wasn't expecting full frontal nudity right from the opening scene, but having got over my initial shock I started to enjoy this movie.

For 90 of its 110 minutes this film is superb, Matthew McConaughey puts in a great performance as Joe, I think it is a much better performance from him than Magic Mike, and you get to see more of him in this than you do in the movie about male strippers. Unfortunately then it goes off the rails a bit, and the closing scenes just get weird. I don't want to put in to many plot spoilers, but making someone give a simulated blowjob when you are holding a piece of KFC chicken between your legs, WTF is that all about? 

This film was a little to graphic for my tastes, I think you could tell the story equally well without much of the nudity, and some of the gratuitous blood, but on the whole I enjoyed most of it 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment