Search This Blog

Monday 20 May 2013

Fast and Furious 6

Before I post this I should point out that I have never been a fan of the fast and furious franchise, so much so that I have not watched the previous 5 films, so I kind of went into this a bit blind and not knowing too much about the characters, however as it has been heavily trailered, and there was a five minute preview on my showing of Iron Man 3, I knew what to expect from the story line.

On the Subject of the trailer, the idea of a trailer is to draw you into the movie and make you want to see it, without giving away crucial parts of the story. Having now seen the film, the trailer for Fast and Furious 6 includes the end of the film, in fact even though I have not seen the previous 5 films, I almost knew too much about what was happening.

You have to suspend a bit of belief in reality, would you really be able to race cars that fast in London Traffic? and just how long is that runway? but on the whole the plot is good and keeps moving quickly, from one car chase to another, the emphasis of this movie when not on the cars is very much on "we are a family" so much so that it must be mentioned about half a dozen times in between car chases.

A reasonably enjoyable couple of hours, the acting is passable, and as long as you leave your brain at the door and don't question it too much then this is a decent film, although clearly designed just to make as much money as possible rather than make any statement about the world we live in.

Judging by the scene just after the closing credit Jason Statham is already lined up for F&F 7 I'll leave it up to you to decide if that is a good or bad thing, my only major issue with this is that If you have seen the trailer then you probably don't need to see the film 7.5/10

1 comment: