Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 May 2013

The Big Wedding

When I first saw the trailer for The Big Wedding I thought it might go the way of several recent comedies, where all the best jokes are all in the trailer, and even those are not funny. However I was pleasantly surprised, this was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Not all of the jokes work and it is terribly predictable, with most of the later plot telegraphed very early on in the film, if you don't know what is coming then you clearly were not paying attention.

That said there are some very funny moments, particularly the dinner party scene, and a few of the language barrier jokes are quite funny.

This film is very hit and miss, perhaps a little more miss than hit, but actually a lot funnier than I thought it might be, and a couple of scenes that are hilarious made me forgive some of its faults.
6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment