Search This Blog

Monday 20 January 2014

The Wolf of Wall Street

The Wolf Of Wall Street stars Leonardo Di Caprio as Jordan Belfort, an out of control Wall Street stockbroker. It tells a story of endless parties, sex and drug addiction.

Going into this film I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did, at 3 hours long I thought it might feel like a long slog, but actually I was so engaged in the film that I didn't notice the time, and this felt an awful lot shorter than lots of films that run for 30 minutes less than it. That is down in no small part to the performance of Leonardo Di Caprio who is superb, and Jonah hill, of whom I have not been a massive fan in the past, Is also brilliant.

This is not a film for everybody, there is a lot of nudity, sex, cocaine use and strong language, however all of this is necessary in order to effectively show just how out of control things got, despite it's 3 hour run time I was never bored, definitely worth a watch 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment