Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Ruby Sparks

Once again big thanks to Cineworld for the advanced preview screening

Based on the trailer I was really looking forward to this one, the concept intrigued me, and I wondered where it would go. Its a very interesting story, and I really enjoyed it.

This is not a laugh out loud comedy, there are no massive laughs, in that respect it is not what I would call a Rom Com, its much more subtle than that, The character development is good and the casting of Paul Dano as Calvin is great.

This film does have its issues, some of the script is incredibly cheesy, although some of that may be deliberate, expecially in the scenes when they are playing out what he has written/dreamt.

The end for me was also very contrived, for some reason I wanted him to write her out of his life, maybe kill her off, mabe if the film had ended 3 seconds earlier with the book reading I might ave forgiven it, but the last scene just annoyed me.

on the whole though this is a warm, and entertaining film, with good lead performances, and much to say on the subject of accepting that your partner will not be the perfect person you imagine. 8.5/10

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete