Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 August 2012

The Watch

Slightly annoyed that my Local Cineworld only has 5 screens so cannot show all the latest films to be released. Even more annoying when they have been showing the trailer for a film at pretty much every screening I have been to recently, and then don't show it.

So having forked out to go to the Odeon again, I was made slightly happier by the fact that thanks to O2 priority moments I had a free bag of popcorn from the Odeon which I needed to redeem by the end of August.

Sat with my free large popcorn (which really is far to much for one person) I was looking forward to this one, based upon the trailer I thought this film was going to be funny. I was wrong! All the best jokes are in the trailer, and even they, when put in context rather than spliced together in a trailer, were about as amusing as a trip to the dentist.

It definitely failed the 6 laugh test, in fact I think it may even have failed the 1 laugh test, I may have smirked a couple of times, but proper laughs were sadly lacking.

I wish I had listened to the wonderful people at Cineworld, and realised that the reason they are not showing it is because it is rubbish. With my unlimited Cineworld pass, at least if I see a bad movie I have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't specifically pay to see it. Unfortunately by going to the Odeon to see this one, I did! So not only a waste of 2 hours of my life, but also a waste of my money too.

A lesson learnt. Don't beleive everything you see in a trailer 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment