Search This Blog

Friday 11 January 2013

Gangster Squad

Anyone who read my Blog in September, with reviews of Lawless & Killing them Softly will know that I am not a huge fan of Gangster movies, particularly ones where there is lots of violent killing.

So I went to see Gangster squad, expecting much of the same, and my fears were confirmed in the opening violent bloody death scene, BUT actually they weren't. Yes there is lots of blood, and lots of death, but it is not gratuitous, it is not done for the shock value, and most of it is a necessary part of the plot development. so I found my self pleasantly surprised by this and actually started to enjoy it.

Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling put in decent performances, the film is very well paced, with the plot moving forward and no dead scenes, and all in all a very enjoyable watch.

If only all gangster movies could be more like this 8/10


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete