Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Total Recall

A big thanks to Cineworld for the preview screening for unlimited card customers, so I got to see this lat night before its general release today. I should start this review by pointing out that I have not seen the Original Arnie film, so I am coming to this fresh, and I don't have a point of comparison. I might see if I can find a copy on DVD so I can compare/contrast

I quite enjoyed this movie, it messes with the mind a little, leaving lots of questions unanswered, so you can use your imagination to fill in the blanks. Some good action sequences,  the chase scenes are well choreographed and the lead performance from Colin Farrell is decent enough.

Not earth shatteringly good, but on the whole this film is a lot more worthy of my time than some movies I have seen this month. I guess to be a real judge of this I need to see the original.  7/10


Update 30/08: I caught the original film on TV last night, obviously very dated as it is over 20 years ago, I think that the original is decent enough, but the new one is better in my opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment