Search This Blog

Saturday 5 January 2013

The Impossible

With Cineworld Southampton having only 5 screens, it cannot, unfortunately, show every film out. so with 3 films I wanted to see not showing, I decided to have a film day, take a day trip to Chichester, and catch up.

My Day Started with the Impossible, I had seen quite a few people on Twitter saying that this was a bit of a weepy film and to make sure you take tissues, so tissues in hand I sat down to enjoy this, and enjoy it I did.

Some wonderful special effects, showing the true horrors and devastation of the Tsunami of boxing day 2004. a very good leading performance by Naomi Watts, and especially Tom Holland as Lucas.

I particularly liked the Surgery scene, and the way in which Bayona uses the flashback of the wave to show whether she lives or dies. (I won't spoil that one for you) and the end, which again I won't say to much about to avoid spoilers, but the focus on the devastation all around, to round off the movie is very appropriate, and handled with great sensitivity.

There were a couple of emotional scenes that had me close to tears, but maybe not as much as some of my twitter followers.

My only gripe is that the Hollywood effect has turned a real life Spanish family into an English family, what would have been wrong with using Hispanic actors? that said this is a very good movie and sets the bar for 2013  8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment