Search This Blog

Monday 24 March 2014

Muppets Most Wanted

I won't profess to being the biggest fan of the Muppets, I went into this with an open mind but this for me was extremely disappointing. The Basic plot is that Constantine, The Worlds Most Dangerous Frog has escaped from a Russian Gulag, and replaces Kermit in order to steal the Crown Jewels.

The Plot is extremely contrived, and mos of the jokes are very unfunny. I know it's a Muppet movie and therefore not supposed to be a serious film, but for me the Russian and French Character stereotyping went beyond poking fun and wandered into the realm of being offensive.

The Only positive I can find with this film is that the Monsters University Short before the main feature is very funny, I your Kids Enjoyed Monsters University then this is a bit of a bonus, unfortunately that 5 minute short, is far better, and has more laughs, than the following 90 minute movie.

If you want to entertain your Kids Next Weekend, take them to a preview of Rio 2, and don't bother with the Muppets 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment