Search This Blog

Saturday 21 September 2013

R.I.P.D

R.I.P.D (Rest in Peace Department) is a bit of a cross between Men in Black and Ghost, It centres on a Boston cop played by Ryan Reynolds, who is killed by his partner, and on his way to Judgement is drafted into the R.I.P.D a department that deals with dead souls that have escaped judgement.

This film has several issues, the chemistry between Reynolds and Jeff Bridges is lacking something, and a lot of the jokes in the film are just not funny, in fact I would say that the biggest laugh in the film is the closing joke just before the credits roll. The whole plot point of Jeff Bridges appearing to be a leggy/busty blonde is also unnecessarily annoying.

My other issue is not so much about the film itself, more its cast, when you go to the cinema as often as I do, the EE adverts with Kevin Bacon start to get tedious, as you see them so regularly as the last thing before the film. So discovering Kevin Bacon is in this movie immediately annoyed me.

It is difficult to find many positives, that's not to say its a bad film, there are certainly a lot worse films this year. The best word to sum up R.I.P.D is average 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment