Search This Blog

Monday 10 November 2014

Interstellar

Ever since I first heard about Interstellar I was excited, this was one of my most anticipated films of 2014, arguably one of the best directors of our time, Christopher Nolan, directs last years best actor Oscar winner, what's not to like?

Interstellar is a very good film, but given my level of anticipation I was a little disappointed, it lacks that extra something that turns a very good film, into an outstanding one.

Interstellar also proves he point I made I a recent blog post about films being to long, It is nearly 3 hours in length, but I was so engrossed in the storyline that not once did I check my watch, and upon leaving the cinema I was extremely surprised by just how late it was, this is not a "long" film.

For all it's scale and size, this film lacks something, the plotline is ridiculous, especially in the 3rd act, early on in the film, much of the story is believable, however without posting plot spoilers, the final resolution of the movie and explanation of certain key elements leaves behind the realms of believable science, and strays very much toward the Fiction in Science Fiction.

On the whole though this is a very good film, with some great acting performances, and beautiful cinematography, however it's final resolution left me a little underwhelmed 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment