Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Hitchcock

Thanks once again to cineworld for the advanced review of Hitchcock, allowing me to see it and write this blog ahead of its release on Friday.

This biopic of Alfred Hitchcock is brilliant, Anthony Hopkins puts in  a superb performance, however the real star performance comes from the wonderful Helen Mirren as Hichcock's wife Alma. Her performance is superb, *spoiler alert*especially in the scene where he accuses her of having an affair, where she absolutely steals the show with her repost.

I don't want to spoil the end, but the sequence of Hitchcock almost conducting the audience is simply sublime.

There are very few faults with this movie, I have one little nuanced criticism, although the final monologue scene/joke works, and I suppose having opened with monologue narration, it should also end that way, but I think it may have been better to have ended at the end of the final scene of the actual movie, with the last line then being "and that my dear is why they call me the master of suspense".... *roll credits*. Maybe thats just me, see it for yourself and make your own judgement.

Even though we are only into February, I have enjoyed so many films already this year and this is the best so far 10/10

1 comment: