Search This Blog

Sunday 20 October 2013

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

My reviews of animation on here are getting fairly repetitive, because I enjoyed Wreck it Ralph and The Croods so much earlier this year, it is they that I end up comparing to, and once again this film is not up to the standard.

I have not seen the first film, so I don't have a basis of comparison, but I get the feeling this is a poor sequel. The Characters have little depth, as probably a lot of that was contained in the first film.

The food/animal jokes are funny at first but very quickly become repetitive and boring, and towards the end are met with groans rather than laughter.

It might be a useful half term movie for the kids, but only if they have seen Turbo first 5/10

UPDATE: I have just caught the first film on tv, and the original is much better than the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment