Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Sex Tape

I know I have probably said this before but I really should stop judging films based on their trailer. In my review of Lets Be Cops the other day I stated that I didn't think Sex Tape would improve the quality of what has been a poor Summer. I was wrong.

This is one of the surprises of the year, and the hardest I have laughed for quite some time. Regular readers of my blog will know that I am a big fan of realistic observational comedy, and this film has it in spades. Given Jennifer Lawrence's issues with the Cloud in the last few days, the timing of this film could not have been much better, and that adds to the fun of it.

Obviously given the subject matter this is quite crude in places and maybe not to everyones tastes, it contains a lot of swearing and sex, that said, you know what you are expecting just from the title.

This is easily the best comedy the year so far 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment