Search This Blog

Friday 19 September 2014

Chef

Chef was originally released back in June, however due to my local Cineworld not showing it, I missed it first time around. I have now to catch up with it on a Take Two Thursday screening.

It stars Jon Favreau as Carl Casper a former high flying Chef who is stuck in a rut cooking someone else's food. When he loses his job, he is forced to take on a food truck on a road trip across America.

In my review of the hundred foot journey I said not to go in on an empty stomach, and this is very similar, showcasing some really great American street food that left me hungry.

While the storyline is, perhaps, a little cliché, with the family man getting to spend time with his kid. This is a very pleasant feel good film, with a fantastic soundtrack of Jazz Music that had me foot tapping most of the way through, and a thoroughly enjoyable 2 hours. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment