Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Killing Them Softly

September must be the month for violent bloody films, after Dredd and lawless now we have this. I am not a huge fan of this type of Genre, but there are other issues with this film.

The constant use of the "f" word as part of normal speech began to grate on me, at one point I started counting and in one short scene it was used 9 times in about 7 or 8 sentences. If you start using it that often it ceases to have an impact.

Secondly some of the Characters just appear in a scene and start having a conversation where the characters name is not used, then later on the Character is referred to by name and you are trying to work out who is who.

I just found the whole thing confusing and difficult to follow, coupled with the fact that I had a stinking cold, and was trying hard not to annoy the cinema audience with coughs and sniffles, I just didn't really enjoy this.

I have read some reviews that say it was great and had a great undertone about the economy, and all the bits with Bush and Obama on TV's and Billboards in the background was showing that the government had left these people to rot. Maybe I'm just not aware enough to pick up these subtle messages and see what the filmmaker is trying to say behind rubbish dialogue.

all in all, this film was not for me 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment