Search This Blog

Saturday 15 June 2013

Man of Steel

When I reviewed The Amazing Spiderman last year I found myself asking why we needed a new Spiderman movie. With Man of Steel I have no such issues, The original Superman movies were sufficiently long ago, that the time is right for this reboot.

The storyline is excellent, with a deviation from the original  Superman story, at first I was a little unsure of it's flashback style rather than a straightforward chronological story, but it works quite well.

The acting performances are superb, particularly Henry Cavill in the title role, who's performance is full of emotion.

The action set piece fight sequences are also brilliantly choreographed and enhanced.

For a big box office draw, this is an absolute must see, and my film of the year so far 10/10

1 comment: