Search This Blog

Friday 14 December 2012

The Hobbitt - An Unexpected Journey

Having enjoyed the Lord of the Rings series of films, I was eagerly anticipating this one. there has been a lot of discussion on twitter lately regarding the high frame rate version at 48fps hwever In line with my policy of no longer watching 3D movies, I saw the 2D version.

This film is not Lord of the Rings, and as such has a very different feel to it, it is a bit more comedic in nature, but equally as entertaining. I must admit I have not read the book, so have no basis of judgement on that front.

Martin Freeman as young Bilbo Baggins does a decent Job, but for me, the star of the show, even though he dosen't make an appearance until well into the final hour is Andy Serkis his performance as Gollum is better than his previous incarnation in LOTR.

All in all this is a very good watch, over 3 hours (including Ads & Trailers) disappeared very quicky 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment