Search This Blog

Monday 15 July 2013

Monsters University

I have read a lot of reviews of Mobsters Uni. Most saying that it is not as good as Monsters Inc, however as I have never seen Monsters Inc I cannot make that comparison.

I can however compare it to some of the animation released this year, regular readers of my blog will know that I was a huge fan of Wreck it Ralph and The Croods, and Monsters University is simply not in the same league.

The characters are weak, and the relationships between them are quite shallow, there is little emotional involvement in the story line.

There are some positives, the plot is fun, and ticks along nicely, and a couple of nice surprises in terms of where it goes with the story.

However, this is far from the best animation this year. And with Planes out in August, it may not be the best Pixar movie this year. disappointing 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment