Search This Blog

Saturday 27 July 2013

The Wolverine

Another if the big draw blockbuster movies this summer, The Wolverine was much anticipated, however for me it failed to make an impact.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it is missing that something that turns a good movie into a great movie, everything it does is safe, there are no real risks with this movie, and that makes it largely forgettable.

The largely Japanese cast do a decent job in support of Jackman, and the storyline is interesting, but the whole thing just lacks that extra dimension.

Not enough is made of the threat to his healing powers, this particular plot point could have been done a lot better in my opinion.

I'm sure if you are an x-men/Marvel fan then you will enjoy this, but for me it was just a little disappointing, it's not a bad movie, but it's not a great movie either 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment