Search This Blog

Saturday 7 December 2013

Frozen

I went into this film not really knowing much about it, the cinema trailer gave nothing away as to plot or style. The film begins with a very clever Mickey Mouse short, which makes brilliant use of the 3D, then having warmed us up nicely the main event is even better. The first surprise was that this is a musical, I wasn't expecting it, but it was a very pleasant surprise. The songs are brilliant, and Kristen Bell as Anna has a superb singing voice, by the end of the first set piece song I found myself holding back a tear or two.

The story itself us very clever, it is based upon Hans Christian Anderson's The Snow Queen. With two very strong female leads voiced and sung brilliantly.

The Animation is visually very stunning, I'm not sure that the 3D adds much to the feature film, although as I said earlier the Mickey Mouse short does, so you may wish to pay the extra for it.

I knew when I posted my review of the year last week, that I might have reason to change it, but didn't expect it to be so soon, and by this movie. Having spent all year singing the praises of Wreck It Ralph and The Croods as the animation of the year, they have been firmly trumped by Disney 10/10

1 comment: