Search This Blog

Monday 4 March 2013

Safe Haven

From the first time I saw the trailer for this film, I thought it might be a film I would enjoy, I did enjoy it, but perhaps I had slightly higher expectations than the reality.

Other than the Major plot twist half way through, which I didn't see coming, this film is relatively predictable and you always have a sense of where the film is going, There is one major plot fail, involving them travelling somewhere in a car, then having to arrange a lift home (what happened to the car?) but aside from that this is an enjoyable movie.

I was perhaps expecting a twee happily ever after ending, and in some ways it is, but the epilogue scene to close the movie is very clever, and very emotional, if you are prone to being weepy in the cinema take a tissue for the end.

I guess the best word to summarise this film is pleasant. its worth a couple of hours of you time, but definitely won't be high on the list of really memorable films this year. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment