Search This Blog

Monday 1 October 2012

End of September review

Another month passes, September seemed to be the month for blood and guts, with lots of violence in films like Dredd, Lawless and Killing Them Softly, I'm not a huge fan of this type of movie, which is maybe why my Film of the Month goes to Hope Springs.

Tommy Lee Jones and Meryl Streep also win my Actor/Actress of the Month Award for their performances.

I can't leave september without a mention for Paranorman which is also a sensational animation, and with 3/4s of 2012 gone, should be up for animation of the year, ahead of Brave

Worst Film of September goes to Killing them softly, which may surprise many, I have read lots of reviews saying how superb it is, but I guess I just didn't understand it, maybe I'm just not clever enough to see all the undertones and neuances of what the filmmaker is trying to say, but for me most of it is nonsense.

So onwards to October obviously the Big Film release this month is Skyfall, but I am also looking forward to Ruby Sparks, which from the trailer looks quite interesting, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower is out Tomorrow, so looking forward to that one, with a post Harry Potter Emma Watson.

No comments:

Post a Comment