Search This Blog

Sunday 11 August 2013

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

I have not read the book, nor did I see the first Percy Jackson movie, but apparently that included a lot of cameo's from big names that are lacking in this film.

This for me therefore stood as a standalone movie, which I whilst I enjoyed, is really nothing special.

Much of it is instantly forgettable, and the rest is just annoying, a particular scene is another prime example of films completely ignoring the laws of physics in order to get out of a sticky situation. Although this is a film based on a semi God who has some powers, this didn't appear to be a use of his powers, more a case of some lazy screenwriting.

I also thought they could of made a lot more of the final fight sequence, which is over almost as soon as it starts.

On the plus side, the story is interesting, and you can tell it is based on a well written book, my overriding feeling coming out is not to see the next movie, despite it clearly being setup in the closing scene, but perhaps to go and read the books.

The best summary of this movie is to say that it is average, it is enjoyable while you watch it, but by next week I will probably have forgotten most of it. 6/10



No comments:

Post a Comment