Search This Blog

Thursday 5 July 2012

Friends with Kids

The other day when I reviewed The Five Year Engagement I said that Friends with Kids had to be better, I was right.

If you want to see how a Rom Com can be done well, then this is one to see. The acting is superb, the Characters have depth and emotion, and crucially the jokes work. The jokes flow naturally rather than being contrived and the use of the awkward silence a couple of times is inspired. Having said the other day I am not a fan of Rom Coms this was a very enjoyable 107 minutes, the story line moves along at a decent pace, so the time flew.

I do have a couple of minor criticisms, firstly the constant use of the F word, This film is absolutely peppered with swearing, whilst it has its place and is neccessary in certain scenes, If used to often it loses its impact. My other criticism is the abrupt end, I don't want to put in any plot spoilers but you can probably guess how it works out in the end, but maybe a wedding or something would have been nice just to round the film off. 

I can only repeat what I said 48 Hours ago. If you want to go and see a Rom Com in the Cinema currently and have a choice between The Five Year Engagement and Friends with Kids, then this wins hands down 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment