Search This Blog

Saturday 21 July 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

This is a very good film in its own right, however it left me slightly disappointed. The Reason for my disappointment was that it had a lot to live up to and didn't quite manage it.

The Dark Knight was a superb film for one reason, The award winning performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker. Unfortunately Tom Hardy as Bane had a very difficult act to follow and failed.

My other issue with this movie is its length, at 2 hours 45 minutes with a lot of story line between action set pieces I found myself bored waiting for something to happen. I'm sure you could lose 30 or 45 minutes of this movie and probably improve it.

On the plus side Anne Hathaway's performance as Cat Woman is great and I think the ending was fantastic, the way it was left had me leaving the cinema with a big smile.

All in all if you are a Batman fan you will enjoy this one, but given the choice between this and The Dark Knight there is no contest. 7/10

1 comment: