Search This Blog

Thursday 19 July 2012

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

I really wanted to see this film based on the trailer, I thought it was an interesting concept, a much more human look at Armageddon than movies like Deep Impact.

I enjoyed this film, I thought performances by Carrell and Knightly were quite good, a couple of very good shock/surprise moments and plenty of emotion, It just about passed the 6 laugh test and at 95 minutes long it feels about right. I usually judge my boredom rating by how early in the film I look at my watch to see how long is left, in this case it was nearly the end of the film before I did so.

I wondered throughout whether there would be a last minute miracle repreive or if the film would end at the end of the world, I won't ruin that one for you, but I thought the end was done really well.

All in all, a very enjoyable movie 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment