Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures is an interesting story of love and magic, it deals with issues of religion and spirituality. I was not sure what to make of it.

The two leads, Alden Ehrenreich as Ethan  and Alice Englert as Lena put in decent enough performances, and Jeremy Irons is always a safe pair of hands, but for me there was maybe something a little lacking in the chemistry of it.

That said, it is a solid story line, and there are some good one line jokes. I particularly liked the observation that the local cinema always gets the titles wrong, showing such films as "Interception" and "Finale Destination"

This is a decent watch, I don't feel like it wasted 2 hours of my time, it is very good, but does not quite reach the required depths to bring out the superlatives. In all honesty given the choice of films in the cinema at present, there are better alternatives than this. I guess  the best way to sum this up is enjoyable if you have seen eveerything else.   7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment