Search This Blog

Friday 21 June 2013

Behind The Candelabra

My weekend of film viewing continued with Behind the Candelabra, This is the story of the relationship between Liberace (Michael Douglas) and his lover Scott Thorson (Matt Damon)

I thought I would find the whole Gay relationship story difficult to watch, but actually it is done very well and brilliantly acted. One thing I did find difficult was the plastic surgery scene, which is perhaps a little more graphic than I was expecting.

This is a very odd story, but I guess Liberace was a very unique man, and it's quirks and oddities add to it's appeal. I'm not sure how much, if any, input Scott Thorson had in this movie, but it is a very Human story, with lots of heart.

The acting performances from Douglas and particularly Damon are great, I really enjoyed this film 9.5/10

1 comment: