Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Now You See Me

The concept of going to the cinema without knowing what film you are going to see is a strange one, but one embraced by cineworld unlimited card customers on masse.

The film in question turned out to be Now You See Me which is a film I wanted to see since I first saw the trailer a few weeks ago.

The set-up is very interesting, and involves a magic trick where they rob a bank in Paris from a Las Vegas stage. What follows has more twists and turns than the average rollercoaster, some of which I guessed, and some of which I didn't. The substantive twist on the end I didn't see coming.

The storyline is great, although it takes a while to get going, and there are sections between tricks that are pretty slow, the acting is decent, with the big draw names of Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman playing supporting roles.

On the whole a decent watch, maybe worth watching again once you know the twist. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment