Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 June 2013

The Purge

Like After Earth, the Purge fails fro mthe point of view of the way it sets up the plot, there must be better ways of explaining the concept, without just explaining it, someone once said to me, and I agree with this, that the best movies show, rather than tell you what is happening.

The concept of this movie is a great one, for one night a year all crime is legal, sounds like a winner, unfortuneately whilst the concept is great, the movie is not.

This is extremely predictable, with every plot twist telegraphed ages before it happens, if you don't see what's coming then you are not paying attention, and the acting is passable at best.

Once again I find myself quesationing the BBFC on their 15 rating, this is quite a bloodthirsty movie, and in my opinion should perhaps have been an 18.

The best thing about this film is the end scene. slightly better than after earth, but not by much 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment