Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Internship

The Internship brings together Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as two middle aged salesmen who lose their jobs when the company they are working for closes down.

In order to try and create a future for themselves they apply for a summer internship with Google, which if successful could lead to a full time job.

this does smack of just being one big advert for Google, telling you how great they are, but actually that's not a huge problem and I found myself going with it.

The night out scene is extremely funny, and although I won't spoil the movie by telling you what it is, but I really want their app!

The soundtrack is brilliant, any movie that starts with Alanis Morissette and just gets better from there definitely gets my vote.

Although it is set in the world of technology. There are plenty of references to 80's movies and stuff to keep middle aged technophobes, like our main characters, interested.

Whilst this is perhaps not as funny as it might have been, with many of the jokes evoking a chuckle rather than full on laughter, this is a very heartwarming story of overcoming adversity and I left the screen with a massive smile on my face. 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment