Search This Blog

Saturday 9 March 2013

Side Effects

Side effects is one of those films where you think you know what is going on and hen all of a sudden you realise that you didn't really know, my friend who was with me saw it coming, but I didn't maybe I just didn't pick up on it.

For me the movie is slow to get going, but picks up pace towards the end, about half an hour in I was beginning to lose interest, but its definitely worth sticking with it.

Once again Catherine Zeta-Jones puts in one of those performances, where her character is not all that she appears, she is very very good at this kind of performance, where her Character is very misterious, and you never know what her real intentions are (see my review of Broken City)

Without giving away the story, all I will say about this movie is if you have seen the trailer, you don't know anything, the 3 central characters all trying to get one over on each other, understand what each is up to and gain an advantage is very cleverly scripted, and superbly worked.

This is a decent movie, worth a watch, its slow to start but stick with it, it's worth it in the end 7.5/10

1 comment: