Search This Blog

Thursday 31 January 2013

End of January Review

Another Month Gone, and what a month, plenty of Award nominees released this month.

Fot the purposes of this review I will not include Wreck it Ralph, Although I have seen it on a preview screening, it is not released until February, so I will assume it to be a February movie.

The best film in January for me, somewhat suprisingly, is one not up for best picture, and that is The Impossible

Worst film of the month is the one that claimed to be "The Rom Com of the Year" Playing for Keeps. If that is the standard of Rom Coms this year then its going to be a poor one

The 3 Best Picture nominees, Zero Dark Thirty, Lincoln, and Les Mis were all decent enough, but each disappointed slightly in differering ways, and all 3 are very long. I don't mind 2 and a half hour films, so long as they require that length and are able to hold your attention throughout, Les Mis maybe did that, but the other two I think could be shorter.

Having Said that Les Mis is worht hte Admission price purely for Anne Hathaways rendition of "I dream a dream"

Best actor for January is Daniel Day Lewis in Lincoln.

Looking Forward to February, Hitchcock, looks great. I've seen the trailer for Cloud Atlas, out at the end of the month but I must admit I don't really have a clue what its about, the trailer seems quite confusing, so I will wait and see on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment