Search This Blog

Monday 28 January 2013

Lincoln

My Weekend of Oscar viewing continued with Lincoln, whist not as disappointing as Zero Dark Thirty, I was still left feeling like I had somehow been sold the line that this film was brilliant, when I came away feeling that its just ok. Maybe I just have different tastes in movies to the Academy, or maybe I just don't know how to apreciate a good movie, I'm not sure.

For me, At two and a half hours this film is far to long, there are large sections that are quite frankly boring, and I think you could edit out half an hour without losing the essense of the story. At one point I nearly feel asleep.

That said there are plenty of positives, Day Lewis' performance is superb, and if he win's best actor he deserves it. 7/10

I have not seen Amour, but given the choice between the rest of the Nominees for best picture, my vote goes to Silver Linings Playbook  


1 comment: